Junior Hockey Tour - UK & Europe - Jan 2014...NOW RELEASED !
This tour is now open for registrations !
ALL abilities and levels in both boys and girls are more than welcome. Each team on tour will play approximately 8 matches in total against school, club and representative teams. Girls and boys teams will tour together. Supporters in the form of parents are also most welcome to tour with us, but places are strictly limited...
Some of the highlights of the tour are:
- England - visits to London, regional England, Windsor Castle, a tour of Old Trafford - home of the worlds biggest sporting club Manchester United; as well as having the chance to see an English Premier League or FA Cup soccer match live !
- Holland - Amsterdam, Cheese, Tulips, Windmills, Anne Frank, and superb hockey, where we play against clubs with over 2000 players !
- Belgium - Antwerp - be hosted by great people and some of the best hockey clubs in Europe
- France - The Somme and the World War One Battlefields where the ANZACS featured nearly a century ago, Paris, the Eiffel Tower, Champs Elysee, Notre Dame and the Louvre ! As well as the chance to spend a few nights living with a French family from a local club in Paris !
The tour will last for approx 3 weeks in the Jan 2014 school holidays and is accompanied by experienced team management who supervise the junior players closely throughout. Most coaches are level 2 and 3 NCAS qualified and have coached at a high level and have vast experience in supervising school aged students away from home, and have a teaching background..Head Coach will be Under 21 Womens coach from South Australia Tim White. Tim recently won the Australian Under 21 titles in 2012.
Most players are the only player from their school or club or even association, so do not be intimidated or put off touring because you do not know anyone else who has registered. In fact nearly every player is in the same situation. On previous tours, we had individual players from as far north as Cairns and Atherton, to as far south as Hobart as far west as Kalgoorlie and Perth, as well as Alice Springs and Darwin in the north, and everywhere in between !
The object of the tour is to meet new people from all over Australia within your team, meet new people in the countries that you visit, see the world, and of course improve as a player by receiving expert coaching and by playing against different styles of hockey you cannot experience at home.
The tour cost includes:
- Return economy airfare ex Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth
- All internal travel within Europe, including luxury coach hire with professional driver, DVD & TV, air conditioning and huge windows to get the best views !
- Accommodation consisting of hotels, YHA's and hosting with families of the clubs and schools we play
- Breakfast daily
- Some dinners (usually over half of your dinners are included)
- Most sightseeing
- Guided tours of London, Holland, Paris and the world war one battlefields in northern France
- Comprehensive travel insurance to cover you in the case of illness, injury or misadventure
- THE GREATEST HOCKEY EXPERIENCE OF YOUR LIFE !!!
The tour is paid off via installments over 2013 and is open to ANY player of ANY ability ages 14 to 18.
Players will then be placed in a team according to their age and level and teams will be matched against European teams of a similar level.
There will be no tryouts or selections for this tour. Tour places are filled on a first come first in basis.
CANADA AND USA!!! EASTER 2013...
THIS TOUR IS NOW SOLD OUT.......NEW TOURS COMING SOON
This tour will be open to any player aged 14 to 18 in 2013, and we will be taking 1 girls and 1 boys team away (26-30 players in total). The tour will be accompanied by experienced Wanderers staff who are representative level hockey coaches and have traveled on many Wanderers tours before including current NSW and QLD state team coaches and managers for 2012/13. Each team will play approx 6 matches on tour.
The tour will commence in Vancouver for matches against local teams, a chance to see the NHL ice hockey live with 20,000 fans, before heading via scenic ferry to Victoria on Vancouver Island where we will play some matches against local teams, and where you can also go killer whale watching and see huge leopard seals in the wild. The tour may also head to a local ski resort for 2 days where players can try skiing or snowboarding for the first time.
The tour will then conclude with a few days in Los Angeles, where you will have the chance to visit Universal Studios and Disneyland, maybe an NBA game featuring the Lakers or the Clippers, as well as shopping in Santa Monica and Hollywood ! you will also play some of the best teams in boys and girls in America, including most of the US Junior National Boys team.
1 boys team and 1 girls team will travel together and non playing parents are also most welcome!
The tour has inclusions as follows:
- International flights, with domestic add ons to depart with the team
- Comprehensive travel insurance
- All transfers to and from matches, as well as airport transfers and ferry crossings
- Arrangement of matches against suitable opposition
- Introductory sightseeing tours in Vancouver, and LA
- Breakfast daily
- A number of dinners with our hosts
SO DON’T MISS OUT ON THIS AWESOME HOCKEY EXPERIENCE. The Canadians and Americans are very enthusiastic about their hockey (yes on turf, not on ice !) and are very excited that we are returning to North America. Parents are also more than welcome to attend the tour as supporters !
The tour will be filled up on a first come first in basis...
For more information on how to register, please contact us on 02 42 943 779 or email us via our Contact Us Page.
Your Hockey Passport to the World!